ASN Young Investigator Educational Enhancement (YIEE)
FOR TRAVEL AWARDS TO THE ISN-ASN 2013 MEETING SEE ISN TRAVEL AWARDS
The American Society for Neurochemistry provides a limited number of $500 travel grants to attend the annual meeting.
1. Graduate students in the final year of study for the PhD degree or postdoctoral scientists who received their PhD or MD degree within the last six years, as of March 1 of the year for which they apply for the award.
2. Applicants must reside in the Western Hemisphere,
which according to ASN's Standing Rules is defined as Canada, North America, Central America, South America, US Possessions and the Caribbean. Applicants need not be members of the ASN (Applicants from Latin America should apply also for the Young Latin American Scholar’s Award).
3. Applicants must be first (presenting) author of a submitted abstract.
4. Applicants may not have received a YIEE Award from ASN previously.
6. No more than two applicants from any laboratory may apply.
1. Travel award recipients are expected to attend the entire meeting.
2. Award winners will be formally presented to the Society at both the opening symposium and the business meeting.
Step One: After you submit your abstract, you will have access to the online application system. The travel award application can be found in the "submission dropdown menu".
Step Two: The online system will collect general information and request that you upload, in PDF format, the following documents:(How to convert MS Word Documents to PDF Documents?)
1. A cover letter containing a statement about your career goals, how attending the ASN meeting will support these career goals and a justification of your financial need in attending the meeting.
2. A signed letter of support from your dissertation supervisor or research director confirming your financial need.
3. A full curriculum vitae. (Sample CV)
Step Three: Submit online and then view the accuracy of your application. You will be able to edit it until the application process closes.
ASN NEURO TRAVEL AWARD:
Please submit YIEE Travel Award application and include in your application letter how this special award will further your scientific career.
If there are any questions about the application process, please email them to ASNYIEE@asneurochem.org
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS IS DECEMBER 15, 2011