Jordi Folch Pi (1911-1979)
Jordi Folch Pi was a Catalan biochemist at Harvard University (McLean Hospital) who is recognized universally as one of the founders of the field of structural chemistry of complex lipids and as a leader in the development of Neurochemistry as a distinct discipline within the Neurosciences. He was born in Barcelona, Spain, on March 25, 1911, and died in Boston, Massachusetts on October 3, 1979, at 69 years of age.
2014 Jordi Folch-Pi Winner
Beth Stevens, PhD, Harvard Medical School
Award presented by Eric Murphy, PhD, Chair Folch-Pi Committee
The Jordi Folch-Pi Award is given to an outstanding young investigator who has demonstrated a high level of research competence and originality, who has significantly advanced our knowledge of neurochemistry and who shows a high degree of potential for future accomplishments. The award is a cash prize of $1,500 (to be used for travel), and the recipient has an opportunity to organize a symposium at the ASN Annual Meeting being held the year following presentation of the award.
Past Recipients of the Jordi Folch-Pi Award
- Nominee need not be an ASN member.
- Nominee must reside in the Western Hemisphere, which according to ASN's Standing Rules is defined as Canada, North America, Central America, South America, US Possessions and the Caribbean.
- Nominee must not be more than ten years past awarding of their doctorate at the time of nomination.
NOMINATION MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED:
- Complete curriculum vitae
- A one page statement from the nominee of accomplishments and goals
- Reprints of three peer reviewed publications
- Three letters of recommendation
A single PDF containing the first three itemized nomination materials should be e-mailed to the Chair of the Folch-Pi committee.
Letters of recommendation should be sent separately to the Chair from the references.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION MATERIALS - JANUARY 15, 2017
Application materials should be emailed to:
Chair, Folchi-Pi Award Committee
Associate Professor Department of Pharmacology, Physiology, and Therapeutics
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
University of North Dakota
501 N. Columbia Rd., Room 3700
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9037
Ph: 701-777-3450 Fax: 701-777-4490
Biographies of Jordi Folch-Pi:
2013 Jordi Folch-Pi Winner
Michael Fox, PhD with Eric Murphy