SANOFI TRAVEL AWARD
The Sanofi travel award is presented by the American Society for Neurochemistry (ASN) to support an outstanding,translationally focused post-doctoral fellow's participation at the 2017 ASN Annual Meeting. The award provides $1,000 for travel expenses to attend the ASN annual meeting.
• Awards are restricted to post-doctoral scientists who received their PhD or MD degree within the last six years, as of March 1 of the year for which they apply for the award.
• Applicants must reside in the Western Hemisphere, which according to ASN's Standing Rules is defined as Canada, North America, Central America, South America, US Possessions and the Caribbean. Applicants need not be members of the ASN (Applicants from Latin America should apply also for the Young Latin American Scholar's Award).
• Applicants must be first (presenting) author of a submitted abstract.
• Applicants may not have received a Sanofi Award from ASN previously.
• No more than two applicants from any laboratory may apply.
• Travel award recipients are expected to attend the entire meeting.
• Award winners will be formally presented to the Society at both the opening symposium and the business meeting.
Step One: After you submit your abstract, you will have access to the online application system. The travel award application can be found in the "submission dropdown menu".
Step Two: The online system will collect general information and request that you upload, in PDF format, the following documents:
(How to convert MS Word Documents to PDF Documents?)
- A cover letter containing a statement about your career goals and how attending the ASN meeting will support these career goals.
- A signed letter of support from your supervisor or research director confirming your financial need.
- A full curriculum vitae with complete list of publications.
Step Three: Submit online and then view the accuracy of your application. You will be able to edit it until the application process closes.